Friday, November 23, 2007

I Just HAVE to do This

I just saw an article over at KABA which I feel compelled to comment on just because there is one particular part of it that screams for me to say this, but I'll get to that in just a second. The subject of the article is an off duty cop that got drunk, drove and killed some people in the process.

I like law enforcement officers generally. During my 12 year EMS career, I hid behind a bunch of them. Most are professional enough but still quite human. Some, like the idiot in this article seem to have forgotten that their job requires them to behave to a higher standard. As a law enforcement officer, you need to set the standard for behavior for the community. Act the way you would prefer the community to act. I would bet you'd never catch the LawDog being stupid like this, he helps set the standard.

OK, here we go:

Police said Thursday an off-duty Chicago police officer has been charged in connection with a crash that killed two men in their early 20s. According to a Chicago police department statement, John Ardelean, 33, was charged with one count of DUI and driving left of center stemming from the crash that occurred in the 2900 block of North Damen Avenue at approximately 3 a.m.

Wait, wait, wait....he got charged with driving left of center? Shit...you could charge the whole state with that.

2 comments:

Terrapod said...

Warthog:

You have to link to this post from Jawa, downloaded from the WSJ. As a MI resident, I too am very aware of our second ammendment rights and our attorney general has just hit a home run with this piece.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110010898

Terrapod in St. Joseph

Warthog said...

I saw that, thank you. He's a good one and I hope we can keep him.

Warthog