Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Book Review

I recently read "Have You Seen My Country Lately" by Jerry Doyle. I read this book for 2 reasons, first because I have listened to Jerry's show on the radio many times and I like what he has to say and second because, for those of you who don't know this, Jerry played Security Chief Michael Garibaldi on Babylon 5 and I loved that show. This led me to want to read his book, the moment I saw it in my local store.

To learn a little more about him, here is a link to his bio.

To the book. I love someone who writes in a way that both entertains and educates. That's how I pick up on information best, when I'm having some fun with the subject matter. Jerry hits this dead on with several personal stories and many vivid descriptions of current events based upon his life experience. Were I to list favorite chapters, I would have to say all of them, the book is well written and thought out. Jerry takes the time to explain each of his points and show the time line of exactly how our Republic got to where it is now.

I am not asking you to agree with Jerry Doyle, I'm saying that I think it would be well worth your time to read his book and then take a long hard look at how things are and think about it. You may choose to agree or to disagree, but at least the book makes you think.

Just for the record, I happen to agree. I enjoyed the book and I think you will too. You can check out Jerry's website at: www.jerrydoyle.com and don't be shy about ordering a copy. I think you'll like it.

Again, I have to say that I decided to do this on my own and Jerry has no idea I even exist.

No comments: