Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Link

OK, I put this link on top of the blog roll because right now, all I have is a link.

I have found an amazing organization and I want to spread the word about it as far and wide as possible. It's called the Veteran's Airlift Command and it was founded by a Vietnam Vet who came home wounded. He felt that the best way to help wounded vets was to start a non profit organization whose mission is to provide transportation to wounded vets and/or their families.

Private pilots volunteer their time and aircraft to get these vets from point A to point B.

I think this is amazing and if I had the time and the money, I'd go get a pilot license just to be able to do this. If you have a pilot license and access to an aircraft and you want to get involved, by all means, go check their website.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are great! I told one of "our" soldiers about it and he submitted his info. As a result, he got to go home for Thanksgiving and see his family for the first time in nearly a year (after spending two years in the hospital). VAC ROCKS, totally!!

Warthog said...

I know, I wish I could get a pilot license and fly for them. It's such a great cause.