Monday, August 17, 2009

Maybe too Simple But...

I was on my way home from work this morning listening to my local AM radio station WBCK, which definitely leans right, when the announcer began talking with the weather guy about Michael Vick. I haven't paid much attention to this whole mess, I think the guy is an asshole, but the NFL seems to want him back, whatever.

It struck me as the little byplay went on that the announcer mentioned that it seems like every time a high profile person gets into trouble with the law, they can't apologize for their actions fast enough or "sincerely" enough, but nothing before getting caught. Well of course not silly, the 5th Amendment says you don't have to incriminate yourself.

The more I thought about it though, the more it seems logical to me to just DON'T do it. Think of all the fuss and bother that would be saved by just not doing stupid/illegal things to begin with rather than have to apologize for them.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

Sorry loses it's luster after the 2nd or third time.

You're right. Just don't do it in the first place.

Warthog said...

So true