Saturday, October 11, 2008

Polls

Tell me why the Lame Stream Media puts so much stock in polls? I don't get it. They ask 500 people for an opinion and then consider that gospel. What it really is, is crap.

Let's take a peek at this, shall we?

500 people are asked who should be the next president of the United States. 46% say BHO and 43% say McCain with 13% undecided. Suddenly the LSM (Lame Stream Media) go all out to say how BHO is winning and will be the next Prez. Now hold on a second here bunky.

Just for the sake of comparison, let's say there are 200,000,000 voters in the USA. I'll yank some numbers out of my ass to make it comparable to an actual LSM poll.

Now, according to my calculator, which may be wrong because I'm so busy being bitter and clinging to my guns and religion, this is roughly equal to 0.0000025% of the population. Now, would someone please explain to me how this really tiny percentage indicates a meaningful sample of American opinion?

How the hell can you take a percentage that is so small as to be ridiculous and pretend that it means anything?

Look boys, a quick lesson here. The ONLY poll that matters for shit is the one that happens in November. Untill that one is in, do us a favor and just admit that everything you say is either wishful thinking or a wild assed guess.

Oh yeah, and stop pretending that it means something.

No comments: