Sunday, January 07, 2007

Preparedness Revisited

Every now and again, I revisit the idea of preparedness, not because I'm some conspiracy theory loony or tin foil hat brigade type, but because this world is uncertain. Hurricanes do come to visit coastal communities, tsunamis are getting more attention, tornados drop out of the clouds and one never knows on what day that creek out back will become the lake in your home.

We have no idea what the radical islamic community is going to do, but if their antics in the rest of the world are any indicator, I'm going to be buying alot more ammo.

I guess the bottom line is, I really want all the people around me to be prepared to survive a bad situation. If I could find out that one person saved himself/herself and his/her family from a bad thing, I would be pretty happy.

I saw this article at Kim du Toit and I want you all to go read it. It brings up something I had never considered before. Maybe while you're hinting at your friends about setting up some survival "What if" kits, it might be best not to tell anyone about yours. I guess I have forgotten that some people think they should be able to count on others for their survival in a crisis. How sad is that? People who cannot or will not take responsibility for their own survival in a crisis. It boggles my mind to consider how far we have been reduced from a nation of strong people that could survive anything and come out kicking to a nation of let the other guys deal with it types.

I hope none of them plan to come to my house in a crisis. I'll be shooting those without an invitation.

No comments: