Monday, December 11, 2006

THIS, is why...

I applied to join the Anti PC League. Damn this kind of thing pisses me off. *** forbid anyone wants to decorate for a holiday lest someone whine. If it's not in Spain where it has been decided not to celebrate Christmas at some schools to avoid offending mooselimbs, it's right here in the States where a whole christmas tree display at an airport comes down because a rabbi whined that there was no menorah and threatened a federal lawsuit.

I would like to offer people like this a big steaming cup of STFU. I have no problem with the fact that the Rabbi asked about it. I have no problem with the fact that the Rabbi offered to put one up. My problem is the Rabbi getting a lawyer involved. It's still a free country, why in the hell should we be forced to celebrate everyone's religious holidays? Why do we have to be so worried that we might offend a group or a person? Sure you have the right to speak up and say that you disagree with something or that you would like to be included, but that doesn't mean that you should start suing people when the thing doesn't move as fast as you wish it would, or should you get an answer that you disagree with.

The proper response should have been: Look guys, I really wish that you would include a menorah in your display, I would be happy to furnish one at no cost to you and even put it up and maintain it myself if you would allow. See? How simple is that? No lawyers, just a request to be included. Should the answer be no? Just say something like, I'm sorry you feel that way and let it go. Why does it have to result in a lawsuit? Fuck all this PC nonsense.

No comments: