Friday, August 16, 2013

Holy Hell, Am I Ever Behind

Yeah, I'm so far behind that I forgot to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks on the Stanley cup. 

I forgot both of my traditional early August posts (the 6th and 9th for those who know history). 

The most recent event is from this last weekend.  I would like to congratulate the Carolina Crown Drum and Bugle Corps for winning their first ever DCI World Championship title.

From DCI.org:

Carolina Crown became a World Class World Champion for the first time in drum corps history Saturday, Aug. 10, as the 2013 DCI World Championships concluded at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Not since 1996 has DCI named a first-time World Champion, and never before has it had a Champion that started as an Open Class/Division II corps.

So, hearty congratulations to Carolina Crown and best wishes for many more.  This made sweeter by having edged out 14 time DCI champion Blue Devils by .25.  You did good Carolina Crown, real good and as little as it matters to the universe, I'm proud of you.

No comments: