You may be saying, "now wait a minute here Warthog, this is a federal bill, what good would writing my state people be?" and you'd be asking a pretty fair question. If we could get a bunch of the states to pass State resolutions telling the federal government that they will neither accept nor enforce a weapons or magazine ban and that they will not permit registration of firearms to be enforced upon their citizens, then the whores of congress might take notice.
Leave all of the other arguments aside and think about this: If Frankenfeinstein's bill gets passed, it will make your 1911 or Sig P226 or Glock 17 or XD an NFA weapon. If you're not familiar with what that entails, you had better look it up in a hurry. One does not simply travel wherever one wishes to when in possession of an NFA weapon. You conceal carry from Michigan to Florida in your car now? You won't if this bill passes. You can't just cross state lines with an NFA weapon. You have to clear the movement through BATFEieio first.
Here's a chunk from it's...I mean her website:
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
Please don't take this lightly. Start writing now.