Friday, November 30, 2007

Don't Forget ALL the Heroes

I was cruising around the web as I am prone to do on off days and I was thinking. You know what? We are losing a precious resource of heroism and common sense. It's being ignored but old age is what's taking it away.

Who takes the time to remember and honor the veterans of WW2 anymore? We all should because if they hadn't done their duty, then the west half of this country could be speaking Japanese while the east half spoke German.

As you're out and about and you remember to approach a Vet and thank him or her, don't forget the WW2 era vets. Take the time to talk with them and benefit from their wisdom and memories. It will be time well spent and their efforts kept us free from the tyranny that was Japan and Germany of the day.

If you are or know a WW2 vet, know that I salute you. Thank You for what you gave to keep this free country free. Know also that I honor your dead. I am proud of each and every one of you.

No comments: